Welcome to Valla's Lab Website.
Our group is focused on the development of new catalysts and sorbents for the production of clean energy and (bio) fuels.
We work on the production of drop in fuels from biomass resources using thermochemical conversion processes, such as pyrolysis. Recently we focus on hydropyrolysis and hydrodeoxygenation processess. The development of new catalysts that will minimize hydrogen production is one of our goals.
Production of clean transportation fuels even from fossil fuels is in the core of our research. We focus on adsorptive desulfurization and our goal is to mimimize sulfur in fuels to less than 15ppm. Recently we have developed ion exchanged, hierarchical zeolites with exceptional adsorption capacity.
Dr Ioulia (Julia) Valla
|Phone:||617 633 2157|
|Address:||191 Auditorium Road, Unit 3222|
Storrs, CT 06269-3222
- Yu Lei joins the groupYu joined the Valla group. Welcome!Posted on August 24, 2018
- Kevin presented his PhD proposal!Congratulations to Kevin for an excellent presentation!Posted on August 24, 2018
- Congrats to David!Congratulations Dr. Gamliel! You made it. All the best to you new adventures…Posted on August 24, 2018
- New Undergraduate AwardZachary Blanchette is the winner of 1st place award in the AICHE undergraduate poster competition (Division of Reaction Engineering). CONGRATS and good luck to your next steps Zack. It was great to have you as part of the group.Posted on August 31, 2017
- New Undergraduate AwardJake and Collin won the 3rd place award on the AICHE undergraduate poster competition (Division in Separations) for their study on water defluoridation. Congrats and good luck with your new career.Posted on August 31, 2017
Error loading calendar.